Notes for Swallow Walk:
- This audio lead tour is designed to be experienced wearing headphones (left and right). We invite you to set your phone to airplane mode, so you can immerse in this journey without distraction.
- The starting point is the Athletics Pavilion, Edwardes Lake. Once you are ready, press play and wait for directions to begin walking after the introduction.
- Along the journey, you will be guided to pause in several spots. We have provided the photo's and map below, just in case you are unsure.
- The audio walk is designed to take 30 minutes, at an easy pace. Feel free to pause the soundtrack if you need more time along the way.
- Please be mindful this is an outdoor experience in a public space. Please dress appropriately for the weather, wear comfortable shoes, remain self-aware and be responsible for where you're walking.’
- We hope that you enjoy Swallow Walk, and would love to hear from you. If you would like to send us a photo of the lake at the end of the walk, or share your experience : send feedback follow us on facebook instagram - #swallowwalk
- Re Wheelchair Access
The majority of the Swallow Walk route is on sealed, wide footpaths with low gradient, however there are two sections (approximately 90 metres and 100 metres respectively) which are unsealed. The surface of the 90 metre section is a mix of dirt/gravel and grass, but is reasonably even. The surface of the 100 metre section is graded and even. There are alternative paths available also. Please contact us here or on 0433 028 368 if you would like further information about the pathway, including photos, or if you would like guidance about an alternative route.
1: Starting point - Athletics Pavilion (brick building)
2: Old Sheoak
5: Bent Gum Tree
6: Choose a tree near the path
7: Grass near lake